Welcome to Colerain Township
Based on information gathered from the History of Southern Lancaster County, compiled by the Solanco Heritage Volunteers, and from Our Present Past, prepared by the Historic Preservation Trust of Lancaster County, Colerain Township was organized as a township in 1738. It was settled mainly by the Irish. Colerain Township covered 19,479 acres and was named after a seaport town in the county of Londonder, Ireland. Records show that Presbyterian Scots and Scotch-Irish also moved into Colerain Township very early in the settlement.